Hi Subra,

I suggest you check out from a branch and try running ./build.sh so that
the configure scripts will be regenerated to support your CFLAGS. If this
also fails, may be it is the "-static-libgcc -shared" combination that
gives trouble.

And, also, this can be caused by someone hard-coding CFLAGS so that it
will not use the CFLAGS that you define, as CFLAGS = "xx" instead of
CFLAGS = "$CFLAGS xx".

Regards,
Senaka