Axis2 itself being an OSGi bundle wouldn't provide any added advantage.
Axis2 needs its deployment units to be OSGi enabled as well to  get the
proper usage of OSGi. These deployment units are bundles and it will be seen
by end users. There are many tools available from Eclipse/Maven2 to create
bundles. Writing a bundle is now much more easier with these tools and a lot
of folks use them.

There are many products/projects uses OSGi. Thus, anyone who uses these
products/projects can easily use Axis2, as it's OSGi and its deployment
units are OSGi, which will expand the usage of Axis2.

Thank you!

Saminda