I hope I'm still not late to comment on this.

I'm also with Sanjiva on this issue. Axis2 is just not Axis2 project alone.
Axiom and others are integral parts of it. Couple of challenges/questions
from me.

1. Let's take the Glen's proposal on two projects and list down the
developers in each project. Do you see any difference in those lists? So
Dims your argument, "If we can find people to man the PMC's and act as
chair, sure, let's get more projects as TLP's"., will that hold?
2. If people can remember how the PMC nominations were it sounded like "Mr X
was active on Axis2, Axiom, XmlSchema, etc.,". I think most of PMC members
comes under that definition.

Aggregating above two comments, will Dims argument of small teams still
hold?

3. Will Glen as a chair will gain anything? Yes, he might have to ask for
fewer reports and his report will be shorter. But will this change after the
proposed changes, from board point of view?

4. If there is a vote for this, is it the simple majority who wins?

The only differences I see in this

1. One more person will get to be a PMC chair (whoever sends highest number
of mails for this separation should get this position :D. So its not me ;) )
2. All the other devs will have the luxury of being in two different PMCs
(Yey !!)
3. We will have two guys preparing the same report, which was used to be
prepared by a single person.

So is it worth doing this? I'm extremely sorry if I'm missing something, but
still I can not see a compelling argument to move on to a new TLP.

Just my 2 cents.

Chinthaka