Deepal jayasinghe wrote:

Nope I did not say I am against the improvement what I told was we
should not remove some working features , specially POJO deployer scenario.

+1.

Yes of course and I am always +1 to make things more flexible , but
without breaking what we have now.

That's what version numbers are for .. a major version change implies API changes. Of course we need to be careful and make good judgment calls on what should be changed, but I don't believe that its acceptable as an open source project to say "we're always backwards compatible".

That's an invitation to freeze radical innovation. If we don't innovate someone else will somewhere else.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/