I must say that I'm also extremely disappointed with Axis and
this usergroup. I didn't like the fact that you have to sign up to
receive ALL emails in order to participate -- I've never seen this
before. So because I was in a jam and needed and answer, I joined and
asked my question. I posted the question 5 times in different forms over
a 3 week period and didn't get one response -- nothing.
        So I then tried to unsubscribe and it didn't work. I followed
the instructions in the auto-reply given for troubleshooting
unsubscribes and that didn't work. So I emailed the administrator (his
email was in the autoreply, but of course nowhere to be found on the
axis site) and got a reply about 3 days later telling me that the reason
that my unsubscribe didn't work was because my email address was not on
the list. So I responded assuring him that I am still on the list and am
getting hundreds of messages a week (to my work email mind you) and I
added a copy of the email header of one of the list emails I received
with my email return path etc. -- I got no response. Also since the
sender in the list emails is not axis-user@ws.apache.org but instead the
individual senders address, I can't even mark them as spam to filter
them (not a very smart setup, not to mention the privacy issues). This
is becoming a real nuisance and it appears that I have no recourse. I've
tried emailing the general Apache help and got no response, and of
course there is not a single phone number on the either the apache or
axis web sites.
        This is bush league support. No wonder so many people prefer to
use Microsoft products. Maybe not all of their solutions are optimal
(although I'm not sure how true this is anymore) but everything is much
easier to implement, and interconnect with different technologies under
the Microsoft umbrella. And when you have a problem, the support sites
available are much superior --  I've never posted an issue about a
microsoft product where I didn't have it solved within a day or two. The
open source concept is great when you're a student and can't afford to
fork over a grand or two for software, but when you use it for business
apps and factor in the time to implement and the extra tens of thousands
of dollars in man hours per year to fix bugs, Microsoft is a much
cheaper solution.

I would be extremely grateful to anyone to can tell me how to get off of
this list. Thank you.

Cheers,

Jeff.