Cool! Please open an enhancement request in JIRA.

thanks,
dims

On 11/1/06, Bruno Negrao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/1/06, Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> You can compile and run the test i sent using just axiom jars and a
> junit jar. All you need to do in that test is replace the strings with
> your string and change UTF-16 to ISO-8859-1 and run the test. If it
> works, then Axis2 can send and receive strings fine. So the problem
> would be in the response that we get back from your server.
>
> -- dims

Davanum, I compiled and run theses tests here and they worked fine. I
changed what you said and I added a silly test:

    public void testBrazilianPortuguese() throws Exception {
        runtest("Sarará óóó ííí çuçuçu ãã õõ");
    }

The testcase class I edited is attached.

I believe that this proves axis2 **is able** to encode and decode using
different character sets when it **knows** what character set it should use.

The problem I'm experiencing appears to be that axis2 is ignoring that my
server is sending iso-8859-1 encoded bytes, so axis2 decodes them as UTF-8.

As I pointed out in my previous e-mail, although my soap server does not set
the Content-type http header on its responses, it indeed sets the
encoding=iso-8859-1 xml attribute on its xml declaration. Axis2 could
(somehow) use this infomation to define the character encoding to read from
the network.

Thank you,
bruno