Their was no stack trace - but after today's research I have found that the
problem was because of the saxon7.jar in my lib space. I did not want to remove
it - so I just added <jvmarg
value="-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
 in my wsdl2java task and now the build completes without the earlier error
("Error reported by XML parser: Premature end of file.").

It will be good to add this to Axis FAQ or Known Problems/Workarounds. Do you
want me to do this?

- Vish.