On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 20:07, Steve Loughran wrote:

> >But I see that it seems to absolutely need an attachment direcory, and
> >probably a WEB-INF directory. Is there no way to drive axis without any
> >filesystem access? After all, I'm just trying to handle JAX RPC calls -
> >needing a filesystem for procedure calls is a bit a joke,
>
> Does it have to be a physical file system?
>
> the WEB-INF dir will be to store the server deployment config file; axis
> needs some form of persistence there. But I am sure it can/should be
> refactored out, so that it could persistent differently (to a DB, to an LDAP
> server, etc). Just a little exercise for the dedicated developer.

My question would then be: why does it need to have the deployment
config file at all? My understanding of the architecture was, that the
?wsdl requests generate a wsdl on the fly from the current
configuration. This configuration would be created on startup by
constructing an appropriate EngineConfig object.

Or do I understand the architecture the wrong way?

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg            [EMAIL PROTECTED]: key id 0x92082481
                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:    key id 0x5E4B731F