On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 15:44, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Yo!
>
> Hmmmm. Nobody else seems to be interested in this :-(
>
> Ok, I think I'm on the right track now: I'm registering my own
> axis.EngineConfigFactory, and deploy AxisServlet from Jetty.
>
> But I see that it seems to absolutely need an attachment direcory, and

The exact problem is right now in DefaultAxisServerFactory:112:
if(ret != null){
    attachmentsdirservlet= (String)
    ret.getOption(AxisEngine.PROP_ATTACHMENT_DIR);
    File attdirFile= new File(attachmentsdirservlet);

where new File() throws a nullptr exception.

(1) How can I avoid this? I'll try to set a globalOption in my
EngineConfig object.
(2) shouldn't this be caught, and a better error message be reported?
NullPointerException is somewhat ugly...

(Yes, I'm still basically trying to get rid of all filesystem
requirements. Do I have to write my own ServerFactory, too?)

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg            [EMAIL PROTECTED]: key id 0x92082481
                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:    key id 0x5E4B731F