Wilson, Allen wrote:

Here's the information that is in my paths:

AXIS_HOME=/opt/WWW/tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/axis
export AXIS_HOME

AXIS_LIB=$AXIS_HOME/lib
export AXIS_LIB

should be export AXIS_LIB=$AXIS_HOME/WEB-INF/lib in your case

Xavier

AXISCLASSPATH=/opt/WWW/tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes:$AXIS_
LIB/axis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-discovery.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-logging.j
ar:$AXIS_LIB/jaxrpc.jar:$AXIS_LIB/saaj.jar:$AXIS_LIB/log4j-1.2.8.jar:$AX
IS_LIB/xml-apis.jar:
$AXIS_LIB/xercesImpl.jar:/opt/WWW/tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/cla
sses:
export AXISCLASSPATH

This corresponds exactly to what I have set up. About the
monitor....when I compiled the class I shut the server down and then
restarted it.

On the libraries...I understand that I was just trying other locations
due to me get the ClassDefNotFound error. I have been following the
instructions as they are outlined but I am still have the problems. My
next step was to update my java to 1.4 but I wanted to make sure that it
could not be anything else...

(thanks for the all aboard comment....that was great)...

Allen