I have stopped using CPAN a while ago ... so many of the modules required for AxKit seem to have one or two small test failures and CPAN makes it such a hassle to install them anyway. So now I just download everything manually from the CPAN site and it's almost as fast and I feel much more confident that I know what's going on.

simon