Greetings Group,

I am so excited!!!!!! I never thought I would find my paternal
ggrandfather...my Dads father and mother were separated when he was 3 and he
didn't know much about him or his family.....we had no idea which island he was
from or even his real name. My Dad ....Joseph Cardoza Baptiste thought his
grandfathers name was Antone C. Baptiste......father of John Cabral
Baptiste....father of my Dad, Joseph and his brother John.......
Elaine helped me by finding my grandfather Johns birth certificate in New
Bedford and it had his parents listed as Antonio T. Baptista from Sao
Jorge.....she then found Antonios death certificate so I knew his age...(or so
I thought....he was actually born in 1835...not 1838). She also found his
marriage to my ggrandmother....Maria Cabral...from Santa Maria....on the
certificate....his parents names were listed.....Jose J. Baptista and Agueda M.
of Sao Jorge.
So.....I started looking at all the baptisms on the CCA site for Sao Jorge
......I looked for 10 years before 1838 and 10 years after 1838......I came
across a Baptista family in Ribiera Seca and saw the name a couple of times in
Calheta and Norte Peqeno....when the Topo records came on I felt like I'd found
a gold mine.....lots of Baptistas........many of them linked to a Jose Texiera
Baptista and a Maria de San Jose....... finally this morning I found it......I
just sat and stared at the record in disbelief!!!!

Antonio....son of Joam Jose Baptista and Agada Maria!!!!!! Grandson of Jose
Texiera Baptista and Maria de San Jose!!!!! I know it's him........

Could some one else read the record with me so that I have a complete
translation.....?

It's on the CCa site....Topo Baptisms for 1828....page # 152......

Thank you to all of you and especially Elaine!
Nancy Jean Baptiste (a)