Dear Arline,

Thank you for sending this marriage info for Joao and Agada. I feel like now I
will be able to keep going backwards for both of them.
Already I've gleaned enough information to piece some things together....such
as I now know that Antonio had at least 2 brothers that I've found in these
baptismal records.
Manuel is older and Jose is younger and I wouldn't be surprised to find others
as I continue my searching. Antonios death certificate from New Bedford had a
Manuel as witness and I had no idea who it was.....now I wonder if it was his
older brother. Also I now know that he had a first marriage and perhaps a
family totally seperate from my grandfather and his sister. (Annie
Baptista.....she became Annie Grace or Gracia in Rhode Island). Another area to
research!

Arline, how did you find this marriage for Jose and Agada so quickly? Did you
already have it because she was a Silveira and simply remembered it?

Thank you again.....you actually started my in depth pursuit of my ancestors
when you found my Candelaria, Pico family in the Minho site several years ago.
At the time I had no idea the site even existed!

Nancy

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [AZORES-Genealogy] I found Antonio!!!!!!!!Date: Wed, 22
Oct 2008 03:22:00 -0400From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Nancy,I'll let someong else
decipher the record of Antonio's baptism.     The marriage for Joam Jose
Baptista and Agada Maria da Silveira was on May 5 1828.It is on the CCA site
Topo, Marriages 1796-1828    image 237Groom was born June 23, 1797     Bride
was born July 7, 1790Groom's parents,    Jose Teixeira Baptista and Maria de
Sao JoseBrides parents,   Martinho de Sousa Machado and Anna Silveira
LeonardaArline Silveira
 Antonio....son of Joam Jose Baptista and Agada Maria!!!!!! Grandson of Jose
Texiera Baptista and Maria de San Jose!!!!! I know it's him........ Could some
one else read the record with me so that I have a complete translation.....?
It's on the CCa site....Topo Baptisms for 1828....page # 152...... Thank you to
all of you and especially Elaine!Nancy Jean Baptiste (a)

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race while you
browse - Download Now!