Hello Christine,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you but I work and have a lot of
commitments.  My Macedos are from Pico also. They are from  Lajes.   Here's
what I
have:

Jose MACHADO SOARES b. 1881
Parents were:  JOSE MACHADO (1855) and MARIANA ROSA AVILA (1854)

MARIANA ROSA AVILA was the daughter of:JOSE MACEDO EVANGELHO PORTUGAL (
1820) and MARIA ROSA ROSARIO (1824)

JOSE MACEDO EVANGELHO PORTUGAL was the son of MANUEL MACEDO EVANGELHO  (1784)
and CATRINA VICENCIA (1785)  Other children of this union also  carrying the
MACEDO name included:
MANUEL MACEDO MANCEBO, (1808); CATARINA VICENCIA MACEDO, (1815); JOSE  MACEDO
EVANGELHO, (1820); FRANCISCO MACEDO EVANGELHO, 1822).

MANUEL MACEDO EVANGELHO (1784) was the son of MANUEL SILVEIRA (1746) and
JOSEFA FRANCISCA.  Other children of this union also using the MACEDO name
included:  FRANCISCO MACHADO MACEDO (1777); CATARINA MACEDO (1780) and  MARIA
MACEDO ASCENCAO (1792).

MANUEL SILVEIRA (1746) was the son of MANUEL ROSA EVANGELHO and AGUEDA
FRANCISCA.  One of their children used the MACEDO name.  She was MARIA  MACEDO
(1742).

MANUEL ROSA EVANGELO was the son of ANTONIO FERREIRA EVANGELHO and MARIA
RITA.