Hi Cheri,

Well, I found a couple records pertaining to my family in the
"passport" part of the website.  It was hard to find as you have to
click and scan each page.  As you know, nothing is transcribed so you
cannot do a search on some ones name....However, www.ancestry.com does
have records transcribed and has provided me with their "arrival
dates" so I could guesstimate a "departure date" and that helped
narrow my search.  I think a typical trip in those days took 3weeks.

I was very pleased to have learned the names of the next generation.
The Ships manifest listed the passenger's names as well as their
parents in the column just to the right.

If any of your members are having a hard time, I recommend they look
on www.ancestry.com first for "arrivals" then subtract three weeks and
start from there (+ or -)

It helped me a great deal.

Ancestry.com arrivals list a contact back at home, and then a local
contact in the US.  The contact back at home often times would be a
wife, some times a single parent.  The CCA site offers the name of
"Mother and Father" of every passenger which was very helpful to me.
(except the maiden names of the Mother)

Thanks again,

David