I have a few Velho Quintanilha in St. Cruz Lagoa in my file

Maria

----- Original Message -----
From: "JR" <jro...@rogers.com>
To: "Azores Genealogy" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 7:36:18 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Alcunha meaning

The Quintanelha name is very important and goes all the way back to
almost the beginning of Sao Miguel. It is a noble family name and is
linked with the most important families on Sao Miguel. It is not an
Alcunha. I am not sure if it has meaning but I would guess that
Hermano is pretty close, "Quinta" as well as fifth can also mean a
"farm" described in my dictionary as a "rural property".

JR