Hi Daniel:

The  name Amelia Marshall caught my eye.  I have an Amelia Marshall in my
husband's line.  The name was Machado originally.  She died in Boston 1906.

 I don't know if she had any sisters.  She came from Sao Miguel and had
several children, One was  Domingos Moniz Machado and his bro, Clement
Marshall.  Clement was naturalized and changed from Machado to Marshall.
Domingos always kept the Moniz Machado.  I have not found the other
syblings.

I didn't think there would be a connection, but you never know.

Maria Elena