Thanks everyone for the replies! It was great to learn about the name and to hear everyone else's experience.

Linda, the family with Ezaltina was the same way. Their daughters all went by nicknames. They had Maria Izabela (Mary), Maria (died young), Maria Conceicao (Florence), Maria da Luz (Lucy, my great grandmother), this Ezaltina, and Maria Francelina (Frances). There are still three other children who died young who I haven't identified yet, who just as well could be Marias!
*