Linda, thank you so much for pointing that out. I can't believe I never made that connection! I'm looking through my ancestors now and it all makes so much sense. My great great Grandmother Maria da Resureicao was born right around Good Friday! My aunt Conceicao was born in early December. My great grandmother was born in May, and she was Maria da Luz; I wonder if that relates to the Ascension? I realize that her older sister who died at a young age was also born in May. There is no way of knowing, but I wonder if she may have been Maria Ascensao which is why my grandmother was Luz. I only know she was a Maria.

I'm really glad to have learned this fact, Linda. It adds a whole new layer of meaning to the names, so thank you again.