From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jesse Pacheco
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:28 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: The name Ezaltina

Linda, thank you so much for pointing that out. I can't believe I never made
that connection! I'm looking through my ancestors now and it all makes so
much sense. My great great Grandmother Maria da Resureicao was born right
around Good Friday! My aunt Conceicao was born in early December. My great
grandmother was born in May, and she was Maria da Luz; I wonder if that
relates to the Ascension? I realize that her older sister who died at a
young age was also born in May. There is no way of knowing, but I wonder if
she may have been Maria Ascensao which is why my grandmother was Luz. I only
know she was a Maria.

I'm really glad to have learned this fact, Linda. It adds a whole new layer
of meaning to the names, so thank you again.