I have seen this longevity in my azorean family as well I have two
great aunts that are still alive at 95 & 96 and an uncle who is still
alive at 97 they are 1/2 azorean and there mother was from Madeira(she
lived to be 101!). Records show my Bretanha GGgrandmother had a child
at 42! But, since I plan to retire in Sao Miguel 10 years, please dont
tell anyone or the Brits/Germans on holiday and retiring American baby
boomers will overrun and ruin our beautiful and peaceful azores with
ovecrowding and noise as they look for the fountain of youth. I  think
the secret lies in hard work and plenty of bacalhau/fish and fruits
and lots of KALE SOUP!

On Feb 8, 8:17 am, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Repost for Tina - tinaparks at gwi dot net:
>
> Is there a lot of longevity in Azorean families? My great aunt Edith
> Rose Vieira lived until 103 and 1/2.

  • [AZORES-G... Cheri Mello
    • RE: ... Richard Francis Pimentel
      • ... Lionel Holmes
      • ... Kim Rowe
    • Re: ... Lorinda Sevenans
      • ... Mary Bordi
    • [AZO... Thomas da/de Costa Vasconcelos Rodrigues Gouveia Oliveira Cabral
      • ... Alvin Goularte
        • ... Emily Martin
          • ... Thomas da/de Costa Vasconcelos Rodrigues Gouveia Oliveira Cabral
      • ... Lorinda Sevenans
    • Re: ... CaraBela
      • ... White
      • ... janet laytham