I  think the secret lies in hard work and plenty of bacalhau/fish and
fruits

> and lots of KALE SOUP!
>
> That's a healthy way to eat, but my mom - 96 - grew up on American food.
Her father immigrated from the Azores in 1901, her mother was born in Mass.
of Azorian parents, so she was 2nd generation on her mother's side. Her dad
owned a butcher shop in Fairfield, CA and they always ate whatever didn't
sell! Lots of food on the table, even during the depression. Her mother, who
died at 90, was diabetic as is my mother and I'm prediabetic, so I really
don't know how their poor health has led to such a long life. Think how much
better it would have been if they'd been eating that kale soup! :)

Lorinda

  • [AZORES-G... Cheri Mello
    • RE: ... Richard Francis Pimentel
      • ... Lionel Holmes
      • ... Kim Rowe
    • Re: ... Lorinda Sevenans
      • ... Mary Bordi
    • [AZO... Thomas da/de Costa Vasconcelos Rodrigues Gouveia Oliveira Cabral
      • ... Alvin Goularte
        • ... Emily Martin
          • ... Thomas da/de Costa Vasconcelos Rodrigues Gouveia Oliveira Cabral
      • ... Lorinda Sevenans
    • Re: ... CaraBela
      • ... White
      • ... janet laytham