Hi John,

Sorry for delay in responding.  Been in San Francisco and Monterey for a few
days.  Thank you for the explanation of your surnames.  I can't believe the
just arbitrarily changed them whenever they wanted to whatever they wanted.
I wonder if they still do this in the Azores today...would be interesting to
know.

Also, I decided to enter the names on FTM as  John b. Silva aka
Silver....either way it will come up in the S index and close together but
this way I know they used more than one surname.  Of course, I have to tell
FTM to let me do this by answering their pop-ups. However, when they also
used Rego at one point in their lives, I used this as a middle name and also
put the whole mess in the notes section.
"E"