Thank you Emil and Helder for this information.

I have always wondered what happened to Augustus:    *son Augustus was born
25 Mar 1895 New Bedford, MA, he died 16 Mar 1897 in Dartmouth, MA.*
**
The family history shared about my family: Joao was ill for a while, and
before he passed away, he went to court to have his childen placed in the
care of,*Frank C B Silva, a Missionary Minister of the Portuguese Baptist
Church in New Bedford, MA*.  (I was able to get copies of the *guardianship*
records.)

After Joao died in 1896, Alfred, Adelaide, Joao, Jose and Silvina were all
sent to live with different families through the missionary church. Some
were sent to different countries.  All the children have been accounted
for, accept for Adelaide. *I am not sure where she was sent to live.
Besides her being on the ship log, when they immigrated, and the
guardianship paperwork, I can't find any information about her.  *

*I am so thankful and sad, at the same time, about the youngest child
Augustus **. Where you able to find his death information, through a death
record?*  I always wondered, because he was a baby when his parents died,
if he was adopted.  Yet, then I wondered, if he may have been placed in a
families care, through the Missionary Church, rather than being adopted.  *In
the information you found, did it show Augustus' surname to be
daSilveira/Silveira?  *
**
I thank you again for the information and guidance along this journey.

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend.

Fawnie (Fawn U)