Al,
I would try contacting Santo Christo Church in Fall River, MA.  They are the
mother church of all the Portuguese churches in the Diocese of Fall River and
if you ask nicely, they might look up the info for you.  Worth a try but you
might want to contact them sooner than later.  Rumors have it that they may be
merging with another parish in the near future and those books will be moved to
a new home.

Joanne

Joanne Medeiros Grota Mercier
Researching Bretanha (Medeiros Grota, Benevides, deSouza), Lagoa (Luiz,
d'Oliveira Homem) and Rabo de Peixe (Martins Gouveia)