Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:42:28 -0700
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] related in the second degree
From: gfsjo...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com

Doug,
Cousin Marriages are common on Flores because it is such a small Island. I have
cousin marriages on both sides of my family tree. If the genes are good,
superior decendants can be produced. I have some first cousins on my father's
side that married. One of their children married the child of another first
cousin of mine making them second cousins who married. This couple had 4
children all of whom are college graduates. One of these four children is now a
professor at Boston University.

John Vasconcelos