I have a grandfather marrying his granddaughter.  It was in the 1880s and did
surprise me!
- Shirl -

________________________________
 From: "yukonang...@aol.com" <yukonang...@aol.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] related in the second degree

I keep reading about cousins marring, but are there any recorded uncle and
niece marriage. I know this happened, at least in my family. I could not
believe
it when I first found this. My great grandfather, gave his daughter to his
brother when she was 18. I thought it was odd that her maiden name was not on
license. While we may not all be super intelligent we got by. As far as I know
there were no great deformities or retardation from this and the line lives
into
their late 80's to 90's, I am the only one with any defect and that is in my
heart. So to say I was amazed to learn this news I was not totally shocked,
just
really got me interested in my Azorean roots.