Hi Eileen

Portugal is also putting their records online.. There's links to the
parish-level book indexes here:

http://www.quinta-do-mosteiro.com/linksparq.htm

Funny thing is that looking at the list, it seems that Portugal has lots of
stuff available that is not on the FamilySearch website and vice-versa.. I
do know that all Braga records, and the Elvas, Portalegre records are only
available in FamilySearch (and for everyone, as these were not covered by
the agreement).

The agreement does say that all data will be made publicly available by the
Portuguese government. What's frustrating a lot of us is that there's more
then 420.000 books total, and only about 141.000 are currently available..
That's only 33% of the total. While I'm happy that I can use those 33%
already, I know that part of the 66% I can't access are available to LDS
church members. Granted the LDS church took the financial burden to
microfilm and now digitize those records, but it feels stupid to have to
wait on Government burocracy to process the images provided by the LDS
church.

João Ventura
(the other one)