I don't know how far San Antonio is from Vila do Porto but; my grandmother was
Maria Filomena Tavares do Rego from Vila do Porto, Santa Maria and when she
initially immigrated with her new husband, they went to family in Fall River,
later settling in San Luis Obispo, CA where they also had family.  I know
Resendes is a name somewhere in her lineage but; I haven't traced the
connection as yet.  Possibly, we are connected in the distant past.  Have you
done the FF DNA test?

Sam in Maz