Hi Richardo,  Thank you for your quick response to my query.  Yes, I am
positive that my grandmother. Maria Filomena Tavares do Rego was born in Santa
Maria, so, she is not the one you are looking for.  She does have the surnames
of Resendes and Chaves in her line though, so perhaps, someday we will find we
are distantly related.  (So far, I have found no connection to Santo Antonio
Alem Capelas)  Perhaps it is one of the other Resendes lines on Santa Maria
that is in my lineage.....

As for the dna test, you can order it online and I think they will send it to
you in the Azores but; perhaps Cheri or one of the other administrators will
chime in here and answer that question.  If it is possible for you to do it, I
would highly recommend you do the Family Finder test from Family Tree DNA and
join the Azores Group on that site.

Best wishes to you in your journey, Sam in Maz