I think I may have  found the  marriage  record of my 7th G Grandfather (
Record on top right).  I think it says Jose Mendonca married Catarina
Correia on 24 July 1712 in Sao Jorge Nordeste and that he was the widower
of Thereza Pimentel???.   Her parents names were Manuel Correia Sousa and
Maria Arruda but I  don't see his parents names.  This is how it is with
all records in situations where one of the parents had died, they simply
say "viuvo de  or "viuva da" but that's about it, which leaves us to search
for the first marriage or through obituaries.  Any input is always
 appreciated . Many thanks.  Herb

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1707-1743/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1707-1743_item1/P25.html