Hello,

I am planning my first trip to the Azores in mid to late August for about 8-10
days.  I am planning to go to Terceira for research and to visit the ancestral
homelands on Sao Jorge (Calheta and Topo areas) and Pico (Lajes do Pico areas).

I'd love to hear any suggestions on places to stay, places to eat, drivers to
hire, renting a scooter, not to be missed sights or events, research tips,
using the archives, wifi connection, cell phone tips, use of travelers cheques
vs credit cards, gifts to take with me and recommended items to bring back etc.

Also, if anyone else on the list is planning a trip around that time, it would
be fun to meet up.

Please feel free to post to the list or email me privately.

Lisa Caetano Harley
Southern CA
LisaHBskt at aol dot com