Hi,

Finally, an identified match – of course, with questions.  My FTDNA tree is
updated, X-Match chart printed/colored, other visual aids created and now
exploring others’ trees.

The match is to Pat Nostrome (I think part of the project)?  Per FTDNA, the
numbers are: 55 shared CM; 28 longest block; XMatch.  Per comparing our
trees, I found a definite match to my 3xG grandparents, and think Pat and I
are 3rd C, 1xR.  HOWEVER, this connection is not in the XMatch spectrum.
More to be revealed?

The match is to 1793 Antonio DUTRA of Lajes, Pico and his wife, abt 1799
Rita da Conceico (died Lajes, Pico).  My line is their son, 1820 Jose
Francisco DUTRA, b Lajes + his wife, 1826 Bernarda Candida, b Piedade.
(Bernarda’s family offers some XMatch families to pursue).

Jose and Bernarda married in Conceicao, Terceira, 1844, where they
settled/raised their family.  Their son, 1850 Jose Machado DUTRA m 1855
Maria do Carmo Pinheiro.  Her earlier family is fairly solid to Terceira.

FamFinder and XMatch repeat checking:

Verifying I should anticipate an ancestral range of b abt 200 years before
me or matches?  Same general range for XMatch candidates?

Cheers,

Marsha Stringer

strin...@mstringer.net