Hi Cheri,

That was fast.  Thanks.  That puts my ‘lowish’ numbers in a reasonable
framework.

OK.  Forgot that the numbers go down in a pattern per the generations.
Given the similar (and changing) names I see (or think I see) some
potential for interfamily relationships.

I have a direct-line tree on FTDNA (re-keyed all in the one on the site).
I’d be OK with participating in an ‘all in one ish’ tree if it was a
separate item, but want to keep the ‘working’ tree more trimmed  – too
visually confusing. Wished they left the prior system in place.  Meanwhile,
I add direct line others to my master tree

I was stuck for some while with the lack of typical name patterns and
making no progress.  Here’s how I broke through the block:

Visual Aids (to ‘see’ and ‘sort’ the various spellings)

Created an Excel chart in which I entered each event entry name on a
separate line

Ref

Event

First Name

Middle Name

Last Name

Location Name

Notes

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Jose

Francisco

Dutra

5 Feb 1844, Conceicao, Terceira,  Groom

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Jose

Antonio

Dutra

f/o Jose Francisco; Piedade, Pico Island

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Rita

Candida

m/o Jose Francisco

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Bernarda

Candida

5 Feb 1844, Conceicao, Terceira,  Bride

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Jose

Silveira

f/o Bernarda; Piedade, Pico Island

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Bernarda

Mariana

m/o Bernarda;

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Antonio

Leonardo Pires

Toste

witness, married

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Jose

Antonio

Coelho

witness, married

On a separate page, sorted to see the variant entries (edited my file from
Candida to da Conceicao)

Ref

Event

Location Name

First Name

Middle Name

Last Name

Notes

Rep1, #8

Bap Jose Machado

Rita

Candida

mo Jose Francisco

Rep2, #1

Bap Elisia

Rita

da Conceicao

mo Jose Francisco

Rep2, #2

Bap Manoel

Rita

da Conceicao

mo Jose Francisco

Rep4, #3

M Jose + Bernarda

Rita

Candida

m/o Jose Francisco

Rep5, #1

B Jose Francisco Dutra

Rita

da Conceicao

mo Jose, native of Lajes, Pico Island

Rep5, #2

M AntonioDutra Rita

Rita

da Conceicao

19Feb1819, Lajes, Pico Island, Bride

Rep5, #4

D Rita da Conceicao

Rita

da Conceicao

D 24Sep1876, house in Silveira, Lajes, Pico Island; 77, housewife

Created a sub-section to collect unidentified godparents and witnesses.
Pretty sure some/several will turn out to be extended families.

XMatch Chart

Printed the Fan Chart option you suggested, as available in Family
TreeMaker: 6gen; 6 pages; big circle vs fan diagrams on DNA sites

Decided to play with an ancestry chart, using my grandmother as the
starting person.

The result is a  simpler visual – much easier on the eyes; straight/aligned
chart; 6gen from her vs me; 3 pages;

Outlined the XMatch people per the diagrams

Marsha Stringer

strin...@mstringer.net