I don't have the baptism of Jose, but I think you will find it about one
year after Antonio and Bernanrdina married in late 1828. That would make
him about 20 years old.

*Ancestors of Jose de Medeiros*

*Generation No. 1*

        *1.*  *Jose de Medeiros,* born in Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  He was
the son of *2. Antonio de Medeiros* and *3. Bernardina or Bernarda
Francisca de Resendes*.  He married *(1) Ana Jacinta* 04 Jan 1849 in
Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  She was born in Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  She was the
daughter of Francisco de Melo and Quiteria Maria or Maria Quiteria.

Marriage Notes for Jose Medeiros and Ana:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1841-1854/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1841-1854_item1/P111.html

*Generation No. 2*

        *2.*  *Antonio de Medeiros,* born in Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  He was
the son of Andre de Medeiros and Ana Francisca de Jesus.  He married *3.
Bernardina or Bernarda Francisca de Resendes* 01 Nov 1828 in Povoacao, Mae
de Deus.

        *3.*  *Bernardina or Bernarda Francisca de Resendes,* born in
Povoacao, Mae de Deus.  She was the daughter of Joao de Almeida Resendes
and Laureana Francisca.

Notes for Bernardina or Bernarda Francisca de Resendes:

She married with name Bernardina Francisca de Rezende

Marriage Notes for Antonio Medeiros and Bernardina Resendes:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1822-1840/SMG-PV-MAEDEDEUS-C-1822-1840_item1/P55.html

Child of Antonio Medeiros and Bernardina Resendes is:

        1                 i.    Jose de Medeiros, born in Povoacao, Mae de
Deus; married Ana Jacinta 04 Jan 1849 in Povoacao, Mae de Deus.