There is a Medeiros family (I believe from this Freguisia) that ended up in San
Louis Obispo County CA.  They married into my line, and I have a cousin who
provided me alot of old stuff on them (like tintypes from Sao Miguel, passports
from the late 1800s, a journal of memoirs) but they are irrelevant to me.  I
have to see if I can find the first names as I don't remember.

Jeremy