LeFevre13,

Many of us who have done research for many years can locate a likely
baptism for an Antonio born in 1842 in almost all the freguesias of Sao
Miguel and it will seem to fit. Antonio and Souza are very common names.
Why Faja de Cima? You don't want to be barking up the wrong tree.

Since your email is unsigned and I don't know who I'm really talking to, I
can only tell you that the Azores DNA Project has 2 kits registered to your
email address. You mention 3 have taken a test. Can you join the 3rd person
to the Azores DNA Project? Neither of the kits had a Gedcom uploaded to it,
so your matches can't see your tree and where your Azorean ancestor is.
They will scroll past you and go to the next match who has a tree. I was
able to figure out the father on two of the kits and activated the Parental
Matching. You'll have to override what is there when you upload a Gedcom.
If the help screens for Parental Matching make no sense, just email me
directly at gfscherim at gmail.com with the kit numbers and I'll reactivate
your Parental Matching.

You don't want to research while you are there. Sao Miguel's records are
online from 1905 going back to the beginning (or what exists from the
beginning). You are in the 1800s and that is online. If you went to the
archive, they would sit you down in front of a computer, which you could do
at home. Many of us on this list are a few generations removed from our
immigrant ancestor. We had to learn to bumble our way through the records.
You need to learn the format of the records of the time period (yours would
be the 2nd time period) and a few key words and you can do it.  Here's a
guide with the time periods, the format, and key words in the records:
https://goo.gl/TkFjWX

The records are on the CCA. Use Tombo.pt to access the records. You can
navigate in English. Click on the British flag in the upper right corner,
then go to the left column and type "Faja de Cima" and all the records that
the CCA has on Faja de Cima will come up on one screen. Use the guide above
to help you with the format and key words.

Hope this helps! Cheri Mello, Listowner and Family Tree DNA Admin
(volunteer)

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada