Hello, if I understand your question correctly you are asking for advance
research information before your travels.

I understand you don't speak the language but not better way to get started
than to glean through the records for names, dates and place.

You can research on line, easiest to go through this portal: [it should
take you directly to Faja de Cima]

https://tombo.pt/en/f/pdl06

Here's the record for your Antonio in the place of Faja de Cima in Ponta
Delgada, followed by his parents marriage in Faja de Baixo [adjacent town]
in Ponta Delgada.

Right side, Antonio's birth record:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-FAJADECIMA-B-1840-1845/SMG-PD-FAJADECIMA-B-1840-1845_item1/P85.html

Right side, Marriage record of Manuel de Sousa and Mariana de Jesus:
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-FAJADEBAIXO-C-1819-1847/SMG-PD-FAJADEBAIXO-C-1819-1847_item1/P156.html

Here's information on Faja de Cima

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faj%C3%A3_de_Cima

Places to stay,
https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Faja-de-Cima--Portugal?locale=en&type=bnb&listing_types%5B%5D=3&s_tag=0hCx1Pxp&allow_override%5B%5D=

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM, LeFevre13 <dsor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My GG Grandfather was Antonio De Souza. A family member visited Sao Miguel
> in 1999 and located a likely baptism for Antonio in 1842 from the Parish of
> Faja De Cima with his parents shown as Manuel De Souza and Marianna de
> Jezus. The names of these parents and the date of his birth all seem to
> match my oral family history. Antonio left the Azores as a young man and
> settled in Adelaide, South Australia where he married, fathered several
> children and sadly died in 1887 as a result of a work injury. I have photos
> of Antonio's parents. My brother, my cousin and I have undertaken DNA
> testing with FamilyTreeDNA but so far no one has been a good match. I am
> hoping to visit Sao Miguel later this year and I would like to find out as
> much as possible before my trip so I can visit places of family interest.
> Researching while visiting there would be difficult as I do not speak or
> read the Portuguese language.  I would be very grateful if anyone can
> suggest possible areas to research for this family in advance.

Margaret M Vicente