Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply to my post. Your
advice is greatly appreciated and I will follow up the online
possibilities.
Antonio De Souza is on my maternal side and sadly my Mother died 10 years
ago so there is no possibility of following DNA through her. Her first
cousin has tested and I will ask her to join the Azores DNA Project. Others
in the family have indicated they will also test but to date, this does not
seem to have happened.
I have not uploaded a Gedcom file to FamilyTreeDNA as I believe it would
not assist on this occasion. All the information I have about Antonio has
been obtained from records here in South Australia, his marriage,
naturalisation and death certificates.
His parents names and photos are purely oral family history from his
descendants here. Our family were very proud of Antonio's heritage and
stories abound and this is from a time where British migrants were the norm
and other nationalities were frowned upon. However, as with all family
stories not everything can be relied upon to be totally accurate.
Let's hope I am able to follow up on my dream and visit the Azores later
this year and with the online possibilities I am now aware of, fingers
crossed it will be a wonderful experience.
Cheer
Susan