Thanks for all the help! I can't imagine the odds of someone from the
mainland and someone else from Brazil having a child in Rabo de Peixe,
especially back then.

I found Marcionila's birth record on the bottom
left:
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1851-1857/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1851-1857_item1/P164.html

I see that it mentions Brazil, but does it mention where the parents were
married?