Cheri,

I completely understand your point about finding the right Jose. It's easy
to get excited when you find something close, but I kept feeling unsure
when I'd see a name change or birth date change. I'll see if I can find
some information about who told the biographical excerpt in the book and
start looking for some of the other records your mentioned (death,
marriage, obituary) and the link you sent (thank you again).

I'll talk to my grandma about the FTDNA test, I'm sure she'd be willing to
take it. Thank you (again) for the link and information. I'm excited to get
started on research now that I feel I have a some direction!

-Kelley