In which case, there's no point in taking this conversation further, for
two reasons. First, you're also ethically opposed to the existence of the
BBC - an organisation which exists because copyright material exists,

I thought the purpose of the BBC was to "inform, educate and entertain".
none of those *require* copyright. Granted, copyright makes it much easier,
but your statement is misleading.

I don't know about Dave, but my problem with copyright law is the length of
time it lasts. IMO all works should fall into the public domain after 25
years; but that's another debate entirely

Vijay.