On Jun 26, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Ben O'Neill wrote:

Do regions actually mean anything anymore? Most of my DVD players can play any region, only a really old Sony one enforced the regions.

Ben O'Neill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

True for those living in the UK. You can go to any shop and pickup a DVD player that automatically plays multi-region.

Here in the US, that is not the case. It is much harder to find such DVD players. There are some listed online, but you never know the quality of them. I've seen some that work, but many of them that do not work correctly as they've been modified 'chipped' poorly to play regions other than region 1.

It comes down to demand. Here folks do not want multi-region as the majority of people can already get the content they wish for in region 1. That said, I wish we didn't have regions, as I would buy content from other places around the world.

Anyway, I'll stop there, otherwise this will get into a discussion about DVDs.

Davinder