> I don't mean to sound snide, but I'd struggle to point to a single
> online project where I could say "there, the BBC are leading the way.".

Actually the BBC once did a promo "advert" with John Cleese mimicing the Life
of Brian's what have the romans ever given us. (its got space invaders in the
background). It was a while ago mind. the licence fee was £58.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UWdqzfzDO20

Ok. I'll have a go...

- the leading pre-school website, certainly in the UK if not the world.
- millions of hours of radio listening on demand every month and more than any
other website in the world.
- probably the most pioneering (Radio 1) media brand online in the UK
- the UK's leading mobile service.
- nearly 13 years of BBC News online, drm free podcasts (first in UK), 90% of
teenagers using a BBC online revision service every year  <cont'd p94..yawn
yawn. please shut up BBC fanboy...sorry staffer>

we're not bad at that thing called interactive telly either. (does that count ?)

(Tom - stop being cheeky. You've only been gone a few weeks.)

Jem