On 10/8/07, Gavin Montague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, I'll stand by my bitch/point about the beeb at dconstruct.
> The general consensus amongst the people I spoke to was that the BBC
> wasn't relevant to them as developers.  As consumers, yes, but as
> developers, no.

Why *should* the BBC be relevant to them as developers? Were they also
complaining about all the other large media organisations that weren't
relevant to them as developers?

Yes, I'm being a bit of a devil's advocate, but I'm also genuinely (if
possibly naively) wondering about these questions. Is it just part of
the way everyone in the UK feels the BBC should be more relevant to
their individual needs because they pay for it directly (rather than
indirectly) and developers are no different? Or is there a reason why
the BBC should be providing tools for developers to do stuff more than
all other UK media organisations do?

Part of me wonders whether the BBC should get on with making good
content, telling stories, (whether on- or offline) and stop attempting
to be an internet startup.

--
http://www.gyford.com/