On Nov 19, 2007 10:08 PM, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 19/11/2007, Martin Belam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You see, I just somehow knew that giving away content including music
> > for free, forever, at the point of delivery, to anyone, regardless of
> > whether they had paid their Licence Fee or lived in the UK, *still*
> > wasn't going to be good enough for some.
>
> Martin, I am not interested in "for free." I'm happy to pay money for
> things I value, and often do.
>
> I'm interested in "freedom," and I'm sorry that the difference between
> "libre" and "gratis," as the two unrelated concepts are known in
> French, hasn't been clear to you.

Rubbish.  Utter rubbish.  You've never made a convincing argument for this -
it IS all about not having to pay for stuff, as I think we established a
couple of weeks ago.  You throw in spurious arguments and unrelated points,
hoping that people will think that they back up your argument, but they
don't.  You want it all for free.  Whether you're prepared to pay a nominal
sum at some point is neither here nor there - you want it to be made
available for no money whatsoever.  Don't for one moment think that anyone
believes otherwise.

Rich.

Rich.