On 22/01/2008, Deirdre Harvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Any chance you could stop with the accusations of dishonesty?

Any chance you could actually answer the questions I asked?

And if I seem to be a bit annoyed I am. I spent quite a bit of time
writing something and now it looks like it is useless because It was
told FLV/RTMP was like PDF and thus I assumed there would be an easy
way of reading/playing it in Java. I can not find a simple, suitably
licensed way of doing this. (suggestions welcome). (JMF does not
appear to support the BBCs choice of Adobe Formats).

Oddly if the BBC had used the more traditional method of streaming I
could have at least fetched it over HTTP (which is reasonably trivial
in Java) and then tried to run it through something like mPlayer.

And even if I did find a way of doing it in Java it would most likely
not work on anything mobile due to the lack of hardware support for
the format.

The worst thing is the BBC is using these protocols to lock out Linux.
Remember that Adobe Flash is banned on Linux Tablets. The BBC knows
this and yet chose RTMP anyway. Any good explanation why HTTP works
for You Tube but not for the BBC? Other than the BBC is extremely
pro-Microsoft?

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath