The BBC knows
this and yet chose RTMP anyway. Any good explanation why HTTP works
for You Tube but not for the BBC?

This has also been answered before (the last time you asked it, actually). I'm not entirely convinced you've actually been reading replies, or if you have, actually paying them much attention.

Without looking it up, the previous reply (from a Gnash dev IIRC) was that the BBC are using the latest version of Adobe Flash Streaming Server, and this has dropped support for streaming over HTTP. When YouTube upgrade, they too will probably lose support for streaming over HTTP as well.

Feel free to validate this by searching the archive and checking Adobe's website. If it's not true, I'm sure we'd all like to know.

Also, I previously asked you if you knew of any alternatives the BBC could have used. To quote you: "Any chance you could actually answer the questions I asked?"

Phil