On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Brian Butterworth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Consequently I went to look at the schedule feeds again, and I built a TV
> Anytime feed from:
>
> http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/services/api/bbc.schedule.getProgrammes.html
>
> And then I had a look at the feed:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3c4cb9
>
> And I note, for example:
>

> <ProgramURL>dvb://233a.1004.1044;[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:29:44Z/PT00H30M</ProgramURL>
>
> That the time listed is 20:29:44 for example, then there is
>
> <PublishedStartTime>2008-01-28T20:30:00Z</PublishedStartTime>
>
> So, it's not a secret, it IS published and it looks like I need to get onto
> Microsoft and get them to use the right data!!!!

Wow. I honestly didn't realise that was out there. I wonder if ITV do?
It's still obviously got the caveat that, despite everyone's best
efforts in playout, programmes don't always run exactly to time, even
in largely automated channels such as on the UKTV network; and your
best bet of keeping track of programmes running is using the EIT.

I don't have a copy of the Radio Times handy, but I'll maybe get
started eating the Guardian's tv pages.

> Appreciate feedback about the iGoogle theme... I'm thinking that a BBC TV
> one that shows 1, 2, 3, 4 or  1, 2, CB, CB.  Is there a way to get a picture
> for each programme automatically?

the iPlayer site has programme images, which look easy to get,
provided you can get the PIP: eg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/images/episode/b008s9k6_150_84.jpg
(150_84 is the image dimensions, 303_170 should work too)
Perhaps someone here will know how far in the past/future they exist;
putting in a dud PIP will give a generic iPlayer logo.

 - martin