On 29/02/2008, Peter Bowyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Isn't that akin to criticising the BBC for not making sure everyone
>  knows about how its (former) transmitters work?

You are entirely misinterpreting what I am saying.
I didn't say the BBC should "make sure everyone knows" how their
protocols work, they should allow the people who want to know. I gave
an example, I would have thought that made it clear.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "how its (former) transmitters work".

I can find information for you regarding how DVB works, is that what you wanted?
For that you need  ETSI EN 300 744 V1.5.1 Digital Video Broadcasting
(DVB);Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital
terrestrial television
Enter it into the form at: <http://pda.etsi.org/pda/queryform.asp> for
free download.

If you wanted to know about Analogue TV try:
<http://www.itu.int/rec/recquery_xml.asp?formName=Search&formStatus=input&sIn=T&lang=en&sSeriesHidden=&sRec=BT.470&sWord=&sArea=ALL&sStatus=ANY&sDocLang=ANY&sDateFrom=&sDateTo=>

You may be able to get it Free under the 3-Free scheme (you can
download 3 Recommendations per year for free, see the ITU's website
for details).

If you want to know how transmitters in general work there are a
number of books on the subject.

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath